if you are looking for the right grill pan as per your needs, then go through this article which will help you make an informed choice.
I have shortlisted the 7 best grill pans in India with different materials which includes
- Granite grill pan
- Cast iron grill pan
- Aluminum grill pan
Table of Contents
7 Best Grill Pan in India 2022
#1. Wonderchef Granite Grill Pan (best granite pan)
The brand is founded by famous chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Wonderchef Granite is one of the best non-stick grill pans in India that comes with a granite outer coating that gives this pan a stylish look. Non-stick coating allows cooking without sticking. 100% PFOA free, which means it is safe to use, no harmful chemicals.
The soft-touch handle of the pan facilitates firm grip even with wet hands and saves hands from any burning hazards. These pans can be used on all cooking appliances like gas hobs, stoves or induction.
Your pan is made of virgin Aluminium that means conduction of heat is faster, cooking is faster, and saves time and energy.
- Non-toxic, 100% PFOA free.
- Works with all kinds of cooking stoves.
- Made with virgin Aluminium.
- Easy to handle and take care of.
- Stylish granite finish
- If you are Health conscious then you should go for it.
#2. Prestige Grill Pan (best aluminium grill pan)
The pan is made of die-cast Aluminium for heavy usage. The pan has a 3-layered non-stick coating which allows hassle-free cooking.
The handle is stylish in design and the material is of superior heat resistance quality. Also the joint of the pan and the handle turn red when the pan is super-hot and turn black again after coming back to normal temperature.
You can use the pan on an induction top or gas stove, it is suitable for both. The edges of the pan are higher than others, so you can add sauces with splattering. The pan comes with an extra thick base which allows better heat retention and saves time.
- Induction base compatible with both types of cooktops.
- Extra thick base for a better cooking experience.
- Unique heat indicator at the handle of the pan.
- Die-cast Aluminium body ideal for heavy-duty usage.
- If you use a lot of sauces and usually make a mess then this one is best.
Also read – best non-stick cookware in India
#3. Indus Valley pre-seasoned grill pan (Best Cast Iron)
Indus valley is the best cast iron grill pan in India. Cast iron makes the pan strong and durable. You can use it for food items that require slow cooking.
The pan gets heated really fast and distributes heat evenly. Also, you will get a good amount of iron required by your body when you cook your food on it. You don’t need to season it as it comes with pre-seasoning.
The pan is easy to clean but care must be taken otherwise it starts getting rust accumulation.
- Premium quality
- Made of cast iron
- Dimensions – 40 x 26 x 4 Centimeters
- Easy cleaning
- If you want good quality at a low price and are health conscious too then you must try this one.
#4. Attro Non-stick Aluminium grill pan
This non-stick grill pan is made of superior-grade Aluminium. The handle of the pan is made of bakelite and it remains cool even after exposure to heat for a long time.
You can use this pan on a gas stove only. The pan has 3-layers of non-stick Teflon coating which makes cooking mess-free. You will need very little oil for cooking as the food will not stick to the pan.
The pan is easy to clean and it is suggested to clean it every time after cooking otherwise there will be oil deposition. You should always follow seasoning instructions for hassle-free cooking.
- Easy to clean
- Dimensions – 24 x 24 x 5 Centimeters
- 3-layered Non-stick coating
- Sturdy handle for convenient handling
- If you want convenient cooking within your budget.
#5. Cello Non-stick grill pan
This cello pan is made from die-cast Aluminium with a thick base to ensure great cooking by burning the food. You can use the pan on a gas stove or induction as per your convenience.
The base of the pan is highly conductive and provides even cooking of the food.
The ergonomic handle provides you ease in handling and carrying the pan without burning your hands. The pan is lightweight which means you can carry it with you for picnics.
- 1-year warranty
- Dimension – 26.4 x 5.2 x 31.2 Centimeters
- Durable and strong
- Die-cast Aluminium makes it safe for use
- Ergonomic handle for hassle-free handling
- Lightweight and provides even cooking
- If you are a picnic lover and grill your food yourself.
Check this out – Top 5 oven for baking and grilling in India
#6. Tosaa Non-stick Aluminium Grill Pan
Tosaa has made this beautiful-looking pan in a combination of red and black. The pan is made of Aluminium and is strong and convenient to use.
The handle is designed for better grip and is covered with insulating material for easy handling. The polish of the pan is durable and if handled carefully it will last really long. You should use a wooden spatula for cooking and a sponge for cleaning for a long-lasting coating.
You will need very little oil for cooking as the food does not stick to the base, you just have to keep the flame to low-medium to avoid uneven cooking.
- Sturdy and insulated handle
- 2 years warranty
- Dimensions – 44 x 354 x 270 Millimeters
- Compatible with gas stove
- If you want looks with quality then this pan is best for you.
You may also like to read – Best dosa tawa in India
#7. AmazonBasics Non-stick grill pan
AmazonBasics has introduced this pan in the market and it is one of the best pans. The ridges of the pan are raised for better cooking.
This pan is made of Aluminium and is coated with titanium-plasma non-stick coating so the food does not stick to the pan. You will not need extra oil for cooking.
You can use the pan on induction, gas stove, in the oven up to 175-degree temperature and it is dishwasher safe also.
The bakelite handle makes the handling of the pan a mess-free experience.
- 1-year warranty
- Dimensions – 45.8 x 10.5 x 27.6 Centimeters.
- Made of cast-Aluminium.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Oven safe up to 175-degree.
- Induction Friendly.
- If you are looking for a pan that can be used in oven as well.
You would like to read – Top 7 gas, electric & charcoal barbeque grills
Grill Pan Buying Guide
Long handles are best for grill pans as they will be less hot. However, they tend to add some extra weight to the pan. Ensure that the handle remains cool or is covered with insulating material, especially when you are purchasing a cast iron pan.
#2. Enameled or not
Food will not stick to the enameled grill pans however they require maintenance and careful handling to ensure the coating remains good.
Pans that are not enameled are bare ones, food will stick to the pan in the beginning. They also require regular seasoning. With regular seasoning and usage, the food will stop sticking to it and they are as good as enameled ones.
#3. Ridges – raised or shallow
Ridges of grill pans are important as raised ridges allow the food to cook slowly, but the food will not stick to the pan. Also, the food will absorb less oil but the marks on the food will be thinner.
In pans with shallow ridges the food will heat up quickly, but it might happen the outer crust is cooked completely but the core is still half-cooked. And the food consumes more oil. But the marks will be wider.
#4. Material of the pan
Grill pans can be made of different materials and should be chosen carefully. Different materials used are:
- Cast iron: Pans made with this material are the safest. These can bear high temperatures and are highly durable.
- Aluminium: Pans made with Aluminium can withstand high temperatures and heat. They are usually enameled with many layers of the non-stick coating so food doesn’t stick to them. They are also safe for usage.
- Stainless Steel: Pans made of this material are strong and durable. They also come with a non-stick coating ensuring the best taste for the food.
- Ceramic: Ceramic cookware have high heat retentive power and have non-stick features. But the only concern is they are not durable; they may crack or break on falling.
Square grill pans offer greater surface area than round ones and are the most common and liked shape. But cooking is even in round pans, square pans may not heat evenly at the corners.
You should always purchase lightweight pans as they will become heavier when food items are added to them. They should be easy to hold and carry.
After checking all the products, if you still have confusion about which one to choose then you may go for Prestige grill pan as it is budget-friendly. Or may opt for an Indus Valley grill pan which is made of cast iron.