If you love baking cakes or cookies, then using a regular microwave oven will not be appropriate because you need a high temperature for baking which is not possible in the regular microwave oven.
You need an OTG oven for baking and grilling. OTG ovens are much affordable as compared to convection ovens. For your ease, we have shortlisted 5 best ovens for baking and grilling in India including both OTG and Convection ones.
Table of Contents
- 5 Best Oven for Baking and Grilling in India
- #1. Agaro Marvel OTG
- #2. Prestige POTG 1500w OTG
- #3. Bajaj Majesty 1603 TSS OTG
- #4. IFB Convection Microwave
- #5. Philips HD6975_00 25-Litre Digital Oven
- Things to Consider while Choosing Oven for Baking and Grilling
- Final Thoughts
5 Best Oven for Baking and Grilling in India
#1. Agaro Marvel OTG
Agaro microwave oven has all the functions like baking, roasting, grilling, and roasting. You get 3 heating modes – Top heating, Bottom heating, and Top and Bottom heating, this allows proper cooking and gives the desired color to your food. You get a temperature range from 100 to 250 degrees.
The auto-shut-off feature makes it easier to control cooking time and the ready bell notifies you that food is done so you can take it out.
- Capacity – 38 Litre
- Dimensions – 40.6 x 40.6 x 60.4 Centimeters
- Warranty – 1 year
- Circular motion rotisserie cooks evenly.
- Auto-shut-off feature prevents over-cooking.
- Cool touch tempered glass for safety.
- The Inner chamber is easy to clean.
- Affordable price.
- Metal and steel utensils can be used.
- The rod doesn’t turn red.
- No crumb tray.
- Smaller ones do not have a convection fan.
Also read – Best grill sandwich maker in India
#2. Prestige POTG 1500w OTG
You get the function of baking, roasting, and grilling. The oven comes with removable rods with rubber grips that help in uniform heating and cooking. You will get a sliding crumb tray and steel wire rack that makes the oven perfect for grilling.
The outer body of the oven is powder coated which makes it durable and its shine remains good for a longer period. Though the handle is made of metal it remains cold even while cooking making it easier to handle. You can use the microwave oven for making rotis and paranthas.
This oven also has the feature of rotisserie function that rotates the food automatically and gives even and complete cooking.
- Capacity – 28 L
- Power – 1500 W
- Dimensions – 56.4 x 40.2 x 37.6 cm
- Warranty – 1 year
- Easy to handle.
- Enameled baking tray which does not corrode easily.
- Steel wire rack, drop down crumb tray contribute to making cooking or grilling fun.
- Full-size glass door for a better view of the food.
- Specially designed handle for safe and convenient handling.
- The Body gets heated after prolonged use.
You may like to read – best ductless kitchen chimney in India
#3. Bajaj Majesty 1603 TSS OTG
Bajaj Majesty is a powerful microwave oven from the house of Bajaj Electricals. The microwave oven comes with a powder-coated stainless steel body giving it a shining look. You can use it for baking, grilling, and roasting.
This oven comes with a thermostat that helps in preventing overheating as it monitors the temperature and cuts off the power supply to prevent any hazards.
One of the best features you will get is the heat element selector knob, this knob helps you select the appropriate heating element according to the dish you want to cook. You will get even heating in the oven because of its unique heating element design.
Cleaning the oven will not be a mess as the crumb tray collects all the pieces that fell from the food while cooking.
- Capacity – 22 L
- Power – 1200 W
- Dimensions – 50.4 x 40.4 x 34.9 Centimeters
- Warranty – 2 years
- The Thermostat cuts off power when overheated.
- The Heat element selector knob lets you select the heating element.
- Long-lasting because of the stainless steel body.
- Cooking accessories are of good quality.
- The Outer body gets heated when in use.
You would like to read – Best kitchen hobs in India
#4. IFB Convection Microwave
This beautiful-looking microwave oven from IFB is perfect for you if you have a big family or if you are baking, grilling, toasting, or defrosting daily. This oven comes with a child lock to ensure the safety of your kids.
You will get 101+ auto-cook menus to cook different recipes with just one click. This microwave oven has features like weight defrosting, auto-reheating, steam cleaning, and multi-stage cooking.
Cleaning the oven from inside and outside is quite easy as the touchpad is concealed leaving no scope of dirt accumulation.
- Capacity – 30 L
- Power – 800 W
- Dimensions – 44 x 53.9 x 30 cm
- Warranty – 1 year on product & 3 years on magnetron & cavity
- 101+ auto-cook menu.
- Child lock for the safety of children
- Extra 3 years on magnetron & cavity.
- Auto shut-off as the temperature gets high to avoid any mishap.
- Express cooking feature according to the weight.
- No manual knobs, only touch buttons, hence to be handled carefully.
- A bit higher price.
#5. Philips HD6975_00 25-Litre Digital Oven
This OTG from Philips is an ideal companion in your kitchen. You can grill, bake, roast and toast. The opti-temp technology of this oven ensures that the food is cooked evenly from all sides.
You will get features like auto shut off and cuts off power supply when the oven is overheated or is not in use for some time.
You will get accessories like a baking and drip tray, tongs, rotisserie, grilling rack. The soft-turn chrome finish knob enables better handling.
Philips OTG is equipped with digital controls for selecting modes, recipes, time, and temperature. This microwave oven comes with a 10 one-touch pre-cook menu which makes it possible to cook a variety of Indian recipes with ease.
- Capacity – 25 L
- Power – 1500 W
- Dimensions – 46.5 x 37 x 30 Centimeters
- Warranty – 2 Years
- Comes with a digital and manual panel.
- Comes with 10 preset cooking modes.
- Automatic shut-off and power cut-off feature.
- Chrome finish knobs
- Handle becomes hot while cooking, to be handled carefully.
Check this out – best juicer mixer grinder in India
Things to Consider while Choosing Oven for Baking and Grilling
#1. Different Baking Modes
Availability of baking modes makes baking easy. If you are going to bake cakes or cookies only you can go for smaller ovens that have a single baking mode. But if you will be baking bread or kebabs you should the one with the rotisserie option
#2. Temperature Setting
You should analyze what is the maximum temperature needed by the dishes you are going to grill or bake. Some ovens come with a maximum temperature of 230-degree but some come with 250-degree. Now if you want to do general baking you may opt for a 230-degree oven but if you want to use red meat or pork then you should choose a 250-degree temperature setting.
#3. Timer Setting
Since we have to set the timer for making eatables in the oven we have to choose a time setting. Some foods need less than 1 hour time but some food items need more time. You can choose the oven with the maximum time duration needed by the food items you will be baking or grilling.
Though you have the option of setting the timer again if your food needs more time, it is more convenient to choose an oven with an extended time duration. So you would not have to do the calculation of time.
#4. Family Size
The size of your family and your kitchen plays an important role in deciding the microwave oven you will be purchasing. If you have a family of 2-4 members you can go for 21-30 Ltr capacity and if you have a family of more than four members you can go for bigger ones with a capacity of 32 Ltr and above.
You don’t have to worry about forgetting about the oven timings when you are on your toes at mealtime. This feature of automatic sensing will make the microwave shut down as soon as the food inside it is cooked. This prevents overheating of the food.
If you have a limited budget and you want the best microwave oven for baking and grilling you may choose Agaro Marvel OTG.
If you have a big family and want one with good looks then you can choose IFB Convection Microwave.