Wet Grinders are something you would need almost on a daily basis. In fact, if you are someone indulging in Indian cuisine, a wet grinder is what you would need by any standard. South Indian dishes like Medu Vada or Idli would definitely need the use of a wet grinder.
Let us check out the Top 5 Best Wet Grinders in India. Before that let’s have a quick look on our top 3 picks –
Table of Contents
5 Best Wet Grinders in India 2022
#1. Butterfly Rhino Table Top Wet Grinder
Butterfly Rhino Table Top Wet Grinder ( 2 Litre) is one of the best options for an effortless wet grinding experience. It comes with two separate compartments for your wet grinding requirements. The availability of two sets of grinders should offer you the best ever experience in terms of saving time and ensuring a faster performance.
• Efficient and durable two stoned design.
• 150 watts power consumption and 1300 rpm motor will improve power consumption.
• The low weight ensures that you have the best of portability.
• Ensures uniform grinding pressure that would offer a hygienic batter or masala.
• Grinding capacity – 2 liters
• The wet grinder comes with two additional accessories for added functionality – Coconut Scraper and Atta Kneading attachment
• Compact and portable design
• Easy cleaning and maintenance
• Good value for the price you pay
• Lightweight compared products in the same range
• Lid quality could be a little poor.
• Noisy operation
• No option for changing the speed (however, we don’t think you would need one).
- Shock Proof ABS Body, Detachable SS Drum, Cylindrical Stones for Perfect...
#2. Elgi Ultra Dura+ Wet Grinder
Ultra-Dura is among the Best Wet Grinders in India and has been synonymous with high-quality performance. A couple of features that would make it an easy to use and functional apparatus is the stainless steel motor and detachable drum.
• The ABS body offers you a lighter weight and durability.
• The grinder comes with AISI grade stainless steel rust resistant drums.
• The patented conical stones ensure less heat generation and consistent batter or masala.
• It comes with batter cleaning attachment that would ease out the cleaning process.
• No need to transfer to another vessel as the drum works as a multi-utility vessel.
• Ease of use and cleaning
• The conical stones would offer a better durability than the regular ones.
• Best suited for smaller families.
• Lightweight and compact design.
• Provides a consistent batter.
• Grinding is a little slow.
• Noisy operation
Also read – Best smoothie maker in India
#3. Premier Tilting Table Top Wet Grinder
The Premier tilting wet grinder is the best choice if you are aiming for capacity and durability. The grinder comes under the category of tabletop grinders. The model is versatile and suits almost all needs in your batter requirements. In fact, it should be best table top wet grinder you would find.
• The drum is made of stainless steel material.
• The vertical motor provides you with trouble-free service and is a result of cutting-edge technology
• It is best suited for a comfortable lifestyle.
• The grinder offers you a 220 to 230 V
• Ease of use
• Larger capacity is suited best for the huge families or special occasions.
• The stones are of high quality.
• Lightweight and compact size ensure better portability.
• Durable design and make.
• The top is a little heavy.
Check out –Best mixer juicer grinder in India
#4. Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold Table Top Wet Grinder
If you are checking out a wet grinder with minimal noise and vibration, the best option that you can go with is Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold Table Top Wet Grinder (2-Litre ). It comes with conical stones fitted with a powerful motor, thereby making it an excellent choice.
• ABS body offers you lighter weight and durable.
• Ultra-series grinders come with AISI stainless steel drums.
• The drums are rust resistant and ensure durability.
• 150 watt heavy duty motor should provide you swifter and faster service.
• Compact size would ensure better portability.
• Durable and long life performance.
• Ease of use and maintenance
• The conical stones will ensure lesser heat generation.
• The multi-utility drum should be your best choice for your needs.
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer...
- Since your mixer grinder runs on a powerful motor, there will be some...
- Conical grind stones,Fitted with sturdy and durable motor ; Motor Wattage:...
- Noiseless and vibration free operation. Wire Cord Length: 165 cm
- Patented Conical grinding stones- which results in better batter and less...
#5. Panasonic MK-SW200BLK Wet Grinder
Panasonic is a relevant brand well known for the kitchen appliances worth the effect. Made from food grade stainless steel and also offers a transparent cover thus improving the looks. What makes it an interesting option is the top end features that it comes with.
• Excellent looks and décor. In fact, it adds up to the beauty of your kitchen.
• Transparent cover lets you check the contents of the drum and the status of the ground.
• Power consumption – 240 watts
• Capacity – 2 liters
• Stunning looks and modern design.
• Transparent lid
• Multi-utility drum does away the need for an extra vessel for transferring the contents
• Atta Kneading is a little bit of an issue.
- Beautiful black color
- Stainless steel 34 grade steel drum
- Transparant cover
- Capacity: 2 liters
- Warranty: 5 years on heater, 2 years on product
Types of Wet Grinders
There are basically two kinds of wet grinders available. Your choice would depend upon the kind that most suits your kitchen arrangement. Pay attention to the space and other constraints while choosing which type of wet grinder you are about opt for.
#1. Table Top Wet Grinder
The table top wet grinders are most preferred because of their portability. They are smaller in size, and thus can be operated on a table top.
The table top wet grinder usually comes with two or three stones for grinding. The stones can either be in a cylindrical or conical shape. The drum that holds the stones is made of stainless steel in most cases, though it may not be uncommon to find those made of stone.
This kind of wet grinders can be quite useful for a smaller family. The table top wet grinder should be the best option for grinding a small amount of paste. The ease of maintenance and no need for a thorough installation should make it an excellent option.
#2. Tilting Wet Grinders
The tilting type of wet grinders can be very useful when it comes to your requirements of wet grinding for a moderate family. They come with rolling stones which make less noise than the tabletop grinders.
The tilting type wet grinders also come with a dry grinding option as well along with the wet grinding features. The tilting technique incorporated in the design should make them easier to transfer the contents from the grinder to another vessel quite easily.
Some of these tilting type grinders may come with a fixed drum, thus making the wet grinding cleaning process a little difficult.
Wet Grinder Buying Guide
- Motor Capacity
The technical specifications for the motor used in the wet grinder should be of utmost importance. If you are looking for a grinder that would offer you the best of performance in terms of the speed and time consumption, the motor rating should always play an important role.
- Capacity of Drum
The drum capacity should be something that would depend upon the number of members in your family. The drum capacity is normally referred to in terms of liters. The capacity of the grinder should be an important aspect if you are looking for an efficient performance. If you have a smaller family, a capacity of 1.25 liters should be enough for you. A larger family, on the other hand, can settle for a 2-liter capacity. In fact, the 2-liter capacity has been considered to be the ideal size of wet grinders for any occasion.
- Number and Quality of Stones
The number of stones and their construction is yet another feature that you would need to pay attention to. The stone used in the wet grinder of your choice should be of high quality and performance. Older traditional wet grinders used granites, but you won’t find them in the new generation of electric wet grinders. Check out the stone and its sharpness before finalizing the wet grinder for your family. A grinder with three stones should be the best option, while the one with two stones in high quality should also work efficiently. In fact, both three stone and two stone options should equally well with the only difference being the time taken for grinding.
Never forget the importance of maintenance before you take a final call as long as your choice of the wet grinder is concerned. If you are a small family, it would be advisable to opt for a grinder that has an option of a removable drum. This would help in cleaning it up easier than those with fixed drums.
- Shape of Stones
Wet grinders come in two distinct sizes and shapes of stones. The conical stones have been stated to be better equipped in making the batter more consistent. The sharper ends help the stones in leaving any food material escape from being ground. The cylindrical stones, on the other hand, can leave some of the items unground and thus leave inconsistency in the batter.
- Drum Material
The drum material can either be stainless or steel. Though the stone has long been gone out of use as the drum material, they are still available. But, we would advise you to opt for the stainless steel material in view of the durability and usage in the long run.
The modern wet grinders do come with additional features and functionalities, apart from the basic function of wet grinding. The attachments and accessories that come with your wet grinder should also make a good difference in the performance that it will provide. Some of the attachments include coconut scraping accessory or atta kneading attachment. These accessories should offer an additional advantage and ease out a few of your tasks considerably. In some cases, the accessories may have to be purchased separately.
Almost all major brands in India offer a 5-year warranty on the motor. You may find a few models offering the same warranty on the grinder as well – not only on the motor. Heck, the warranty period and related warranty conditions before making the final decision on the purchase.
A wet grinder performs in an excellent manner when compared to a blender in preparing your delicacies that would taste better.The wet grinders would be quite easy to use and affordable at that. In fact, these will indeed make a valuable addition to your requirements in the kitchen.